1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diamond Vision DVDV816X

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bribeast, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Marm

Marm Member

The above is not clear and should read "look for one that can display LFN (long file names. This can be handy if you collect a lot of music or episodic TV programs. If your player only displays the first 11 characters, you can't tell which track is which.
    Best wishes, Marm

2. nanosec

nanosec Member

Hi there,

A few months ago there was 0 info on this player. Which I had just bought.

I had the exact same problem with the Fox discs, and read that hitting 1 will bypass it.

Well it seemed to kinda work until tonight, and out of frustration my search brought me here.

I called Cosmo in Markham and got the same convoluted way to unlock it with no success 3 months back.

Word of warning, keep you receipt on this player, it will die when you least expect it.

I'm on my second player now, after having had my last one fail to spin up to read discs.

In retrospect I should have upgraded the player on the last return but all they had was the Phillips which I wasn't sure about.

Either way this is the 4th Diamond vision player I have owned. (I bought 2 and 2 were replacements) I also am the proud owner of the equally junky $24.99 player.

The lifespan on Diamond Vision dvd players seems to be about 3 months give or take.

I'm also not impressed with the clunking and grinding when it comes to reading discs.

The prices are very attractive, but in the case of Diamond Vision you get what you pay for.

3. syaoran28

syaoran28 Member

my dvd player cant play 20th century fox dvd's too it says the dvd need to be formatted to play i tried that press 1 on my controller but nothing happens can someone please help me fix this problem so i could play my movies on there.

4. syaoran28

syaoran28 Member

5. ufo75

ufo75 Member

Hi kids just signed up.

Just got back from the now world famed "Wallyworld" and purchased myself the v816x to be able to play the Divx vids on ...

To my surprise it played 2 of the 4 I had backed up on a DVD.

My question would be is the codecs not up to date. G-spot tells me the avi's are all divx so intentionally i thought they would play and if not can I update the firmware for this beast ( 30+$ pretty cheap to test ) or update the codecs.

Also I was going to register with Divx/vod would this help and what type of product name would I be picking from their brandname list to activate my new player as it has no Diamond Vision :p

I have scanned the threads and such but no avail I'm not worried about the RC or any of that just the avi files to disc.
    Also I noticed that it will not pick up the MP3s which kinda sux.

any response is open.

thx :)

Ufo

6. leecatt77

leecatt77 Member

Use these instructions.

The unit is actually in region free mode which means it can play any region in the world. Some DVD have something on them that stops them from being played.

Turn the DVD on. Press the open button with the DVD remote, then press "9735" or “5168”. When the region code comes up go over and change it back to Region 1, when region 1 is highlighted, press enter, then press the set-up button on the DVD remote. Once this is done you should be fine.

7. Scrunto

Scrunto Member

8. syaoran28

syaoran28 Member

this dvd player sucks, it doesnt play any dvds made by 20 century fox and all these post about pressing a certin code to make it work dont work at all i tried em all, people say open the tray and press this code and a menu will pop up and change it to 1, i do this and nothing happens, lets face it this player belongs in the garbage i dont know why wal-mart or any store would sell a piece of crap like this and all these people who say these codes work probably have a different dvd player that these code work on, thanks for nothing.

9. QcRoman

QcRoman Member

THANK YOU so much.

Tried and tried with "9735" and it wasn't working...

Just opened the door and pressed in "5168" and the menu popped right up. :D
    ("invalid key" appeared while punching in the numbers but menu appeared nonetheless)

It's a good, cheap player for my needs and now it's only real flaw (not playing some of my DVDs) is solved, thanks.