1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dick Cheney Shooting

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by L-Burna, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

where the hell do you get off calling the liberals brainwashed? who the hell decides whose brainwashed and whose not? man, by opinionated definitions such as what you're implying, aabbccdd, anyone and everyone is brainwashed in every way possible, yourself included. would you please wake the hell up yourself?

*edit*
    and i thought conservatives were supposed to be for defending our rights. as pulsar brings up, where's our free speech? if you loved this country so much, aabbccdd, i would think you'd be more for using rights to their full extent, and as i believe that extent is defined as allowable until the point where it inhibits others' abilities to enjoy their rights, you are out of your own while we are nestled in ours.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

[bold]will you guys settle down, for pete's sake!!![/bold] this is safety valve so anything can be posted up to a point & this shooting is fair play. the problem i have as do other mods & admin is the swearing going on especially from a certain addict who should know better. now i have to edit out the language because somebody got pissed off that the vp or president messed up on something. aabbccdd, do you see the rest of us get angry when other people attack our leaders & monarchs, no!! they are in the public light just like movie stars & sports players, so fair play.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Politics always bring trouble, you guys should know better..

It's fine until start talking politics, that has been proven here - some of the best of us are throwing daipers at each other like the kiddies in the console forums..

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Why is abcd53fg or whatever, allowed to post obscenities and dictate what can, and can't be said in here...when others get banned for the same offenses??

You are a hothead,and closed minded as they come, and you should be banned from this site,you,and others like you,are why I rarely post on this site anymore.

Anyone that doesn't agree with abcddoihjeo's thinking is brainwashed, get used to it LOL

*goes back to silently lurking"

5. Lethal_B

Hi jim_dandy,

You shouldn't let people get on your nerves and not only cheat yourself of something you enjoy doing, but also prevent the newbies learning from your wisdom.. :)

Indeed it is. Why didn't you just walk away then man? And why do you need to raise 'all kinds of hell'? Common man, that's what the noobs do. And, frankly, I have seen some banned for less. I am not bashing at you, buddy, I just call 'em how I see 'em ;-)

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have edited all of my sentences, this is out of respect for the mods & the forum in general. Politics is a touchy subject, like religion.

Free speech is for all to enjoy.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

thats why i tried to break the ice..the rules are for all...

You must read these forum rules before posting anything:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

If you don't obey the rules, you will get banned. Permanently.

6. No foul language, insults, personal attacks or otherwise rude messages.

Please listen up,this board the Safety valve is a place to let some steam off..as it can be ridiculous ,stupid.Enjoyable,entertaining,boring,fun,jerky,childish,insane,
    harebrained,asinine,juvenile,sensible,jokes,movies,baseball,basketball,hockey, sports of any kind or any thing ye can think of what it can be..so please lets not jump on any posters.
    Lets make the Safety valve a fun place to be and to post..

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi back Lethal_B,you make a good point. :)

abc and I have butted heads before on the issue of politics, and it ended when he started calling me names...I believe one of several words used was F*G.
    Name calling is usually used when one starts losing a debate or has no ground to stand on in the first place.

I apoligize for my 2 cents but I just couldn't sit idly by.

9. ddp

aabbccdd, pull that stunt again & you are history. if you don't like what you see than bypass that thread, don't go off a hissy fit as it doesn't work here. this is a somewhat democratic site so everybody has a right to their opinion so play fair!!

no problem, jim!!

10. Lethal_B

Well, I just couldn't sit idly by either, as I myself was recently in a position where I questioned whether I still wanted to participate because of the 'goings-on' in the forum. But you have to put it into perspective. Just keep up what you do, because they all get banned in the end :)

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

There aren't many things that get me going, but the aforementioned "debate" is one of them. Sometimes I can't help myself, but usually once I have vented, then I am OK. Hence the self imposed edits to my posts.

Sorry guys.

12. Lethal_B

Hey, it's ok pulse ;-)

13. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

I'm really surprised at how fast this thing went out of control. And I still can't believe that he shot the guy right in the face and the guy lived.

14. ddp

was using bird shot that is smaller than bb's for .177cal air rifles

15. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

This will probably fan the fires a bit more, but I've never really understood this whole blindly following/ never questioning/ shut up or else mentality. I compare politics to religion in the sense that some people don't care if they get screwed in the rear, figuratively and literally (politicians, priests). On these subjects, many people only see a narrow path and everyone elses opinion is wrong.
    On the topic of the thread, I agree that hunting accidents happen. I disagree with hunting in a glorified private zoo, wheres the sport? I also wonder about the true values and priorities of a man who as a supporter of gun and hunting rights, having his political party make a large portion of their money from National Rifle Association, know so little about common safety rules. Yes accidents happen, but from what I read the gun that did the shooting was like a glorified BB gun, used to kill light birds and game. He shot the guy 30 yards away. A real weapon wouldve killed him, then what would we be talking about and how mad would people get if we questioned that?
    Sorry for the rant, guess my feathers got ruffled just reading this much.

16. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

I thought he was much closer than thrity yards. I see how the guy survived now. When I first heard about it I heard "Shotgun, Close Range, Face". You see how I could have been so surprised.

17. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

It could've been closer, my memory is a little hazy sometimes:p
    I also didn't want to exaggerate and give wrong statements cause that only brings many posts of getting called a liar or worse.

18. ddp

be glad it wasn't bearshot which is cupped shaped piece of lead that just fits a shotgun shell casing.

19. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

sad thing is, if it was that bearshot, do you think the story would have ever gotten out??????????????????

20. ddp

if the guy was hit than yes. look at watergate & bill clinton episodes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.