1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I brick my dsi?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sknyc, Jan 29, 2012.

1. sknyc

sknyc Member

I copied the latest 3ds3.0 for ak2i with akaio 1.89 to the SD, then installed on the DSi. The update was 100% done and after restart, I got the "An Error Occurred. Press and hold POWER to turn the system off." message.
    I have 2 SDs that are almost identical. I have tried all the following:
    1) reformat the SD #1 ( the one that failed to update)
    2) copied the files from SD #2 except the "Games" directory to SC#1
    3) put SD#2 in DSi and it worked
    4) put SD#1 it back in the DSi
    Still have to same error message
    Please help!
    Thanks in advance!

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well good news is its not bricked, put an original game in and it will play, bad news is there is none apart from i dont know about the 3ds, but what i do know it all depends what card you have, nintendo has blocked it, your card maybe able to have an upgrade and that will fix it ( the guys in the know on 3ds cards will help you) but its certainly not a bricked console i assure you that. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm now reading the thread and start of post ( "did i brick my dsi? I copied the latest 3ds3.0 for ak2i with akaio 1.89 to the SD, then installed on the DSi. The update was 100% done and after restart, I got the "An Error Occurred. Press and hold POWER to turn the system off." message") have you tried to put 3ds firmware on your normal dsi?

3. henkvisser

henkvisser Member

Feel confused about your problem, you say the "put SD#2 in DSi and it worked " what do you mean by "worked" does it mean you can play games with the ak2i and SD card2..if that, your ak2i is a working card and the SD1 is broken,, it not the meaning, what is the problem?

4. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

best where possible to update on a ds lite i did and all is ok