1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

did i mess up?????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Massive69, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Massive69

Massive69 Member

ok i have an xecuter 2.6 running on a v1.6. im trying to flash the bios, i read somewhere i should flash it with the m8 plus 16, so i did and everything went fine. now when i boot it up it is the same stock xbox boot screen except it says evox in the corner. did i flash a new bios or was that m8 plus 16 a dashboard??? because i thought evox was a dash.
    sorry for the stupid question, thanks bros
    massive

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No you flashed it right, now you need to install the Evox Dashboard. The BIOS you flashed lets you play backups and stuff, and the Dashboard lets you configure your Xbox, two different things.

3. Massive69

Massive69 Member

ok thanks man. what is the name of the dashboard i need to download. i used the xbins channel on irc to download the bios but i didnt see any dashboards on there. any suggestions on what exactly i should look for?
    thanks again
    massive

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Search for something called Evox Dash 3935, that is the most common dashboard used by people and noobs because it's very user-friendly. For the more advanced Dashes, you could go with Avalaunch, UnleashX, neXgen, UIX, MXM, MenuX, tHc, and BlackStormX.

5. Massive69

Massive69 Member

ok found it, thanks again. one more question, i follow the guide on burning the file but my xbox doesnt read it, i know it isnt the media because i burn dvd's and it plays them fine. when i use xiso to convert the folder to an iso file it rar's the folder, could this by why??? if i try to unrar it it says no archive found

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

When you convert the folder, the output should be an ISO, not RAR. Try Qwix or Craxtion4 to convert, I've had bad experience with xISO. If all else fails, use an autoinstaller called Slayer's Auto-installer 2.6final. It has Evox and some other useful programs. The file may be big (350MB), but it's a sure-fire way.

7. Massive69

Massive69 Member

ok, the slayer torrent is downloading. do i have to create and iso for that too or how do it burn it??? i dont want ot screw up again im running out of dvd's, lol.

8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

when slayer's is done downloading, it will be an application...double click it, there should be slayer's website address somewhere on the page...go to the website and get the password....go back to your slayer's app and type in the password....and if i remember right just burn the .rar file onto a disc....you may have to extract it(sorry can't remember)

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If it's an ISO then you can just burn it onto a disc. Use a DVD-RW to save your discs.

10. Massive69

Massive69 Member

yep, worked perfectly. thanks again guys i really apperciate it

-massive