1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever wonder how the election turned out ?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ScubaPete, Nov 5, 2004.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

2. john179

john179 Active member

vurbal

I thought the safety vaulve was where people could let off steam.No one is starting a flame war here there just voiceing there opinion.Nothing wrong with that as far as most are concerned.Polotics will always make people use a strong approach towards there feelings on the subject.But hey chill if were all honest we know polotics means nothing as there is no one in it really worth a S__t who is a polotician.Polotics is now a shambles i live in the UK and i know it is a joke.The US is no different and many other places are the same

If anyone can tell me a real good polotician worth voting for that they really honestly think will make the world a better place then there more the fool than i'am.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I would truly hope there was some jest in your retort as there was nothing but idle humor in my post. Reading that yet again, I fear I might have missed the "Funny part", ?? Perhaps someone was having a bad day ??

Be that as it may, surly the following will defiantly rate me a place deep in the seventh circle of Hell - as I speak my thoughts upon religion -

I stand here, X-communicated from the Methodist church. And the reason ask you ? To which he replied, cause when, "gone away to school was I, behind fell I in my "Pledge" of $2.00 a week towards the "Building fund".

Reinstated I could be by submitting a check or Money Order in the amount of $xx.xx OR "Damned" I'd be should I not comply. "Forthwith," (With 2 exclamation points no less). "What cost asked I, should I wish to pay, would secure me a seat reserved in that holy house for Judgment Day? Be it payable to God or to "Brother" Joe inquired I, "Smart-mouth sinner." Brother Joe to me said you'd do much better be you, "Damned and dead." So much money is my life worth, so little love in a brand new church. Is LOVE not of value; is it not of worth, more than frail buildings on this fragile Earth ? I'll send Him my LOVE, I'll send it direct, I'll not pay my money to a few "Brother" bigots.
    I'm now at peace, my God and me, my church the night sky and my seat, the soft grass, 'neath an old Maple tree. Confessing to others doesn't do it you see, I'll just chat with my God on my bended knee.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It's been said 100,000 times before but it's worth saying yet again -

POLI-TICKS

Poli = Many

ticks = Blood-sucking creatures

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Holy crap! Politics and religion in the same thread.........Everybody run for your lives!!!!!!!!

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Indeed it is. But if you look back at my post you'll see that I was talking about calling people dumb. It has since been clarified that the statement was sarcasm and simply making fun of a newsapaper (which I have no problem with) and the misunderstanding has been cleared up. Unfortunately sarcasm and irony don't transfer across the internet very well and usually need to be accompanied by a neon sign and fireworks to make sure they're not taken the wrong way. Had the text I quoted been marked that way I wouldn't have said anything.

7. john179

john179 Active member

vurbal your a good man thanks for the reply much appreciated.

John179

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

May the fleas quote was from one of the carry on movies, (Bernard Bresslaw I think!), it was meant in jest. When I heard it, I nearly had a myocardial infarction. The last thing I would do would be to insult you or anyone on this forum. I just thought you would understand my incredibly warped sense of humour!. I have far too much respect for the people here to be nasty. I humbly apologise for any confusion. Kiss & make up, or just a big hug!?

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

PS
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I was aware of the quote and you are probably right about auther being BB - attached as it was to a semi-serious post was what through me off - as you saw, it was brushed off - a turtle shell has the Pete who Scuba's - :)

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Cool!

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Bastardosos is my bastardisation of the word bastardos. The Comic Strip Presents did a story about the Hotel Bastardos where Rick Mayall was the manager. When one of the customers wanted soft toilet paper, he retorted that this was the Hotel Bastardos, if you want soft toilet paper you have to go to the hotel Gayboy.
    Hence bastardosos. Again sorry for any confusion Scuba! Respect always, my friendly local dvd burning colleague.
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar
    PS I love people to take the piss, I do it constantly. I guess it shows a perverse sort of compliment. I love taking the piss out of myself, I'm such an easy target!!

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

How about the Young Ones? Marvellous & a prelude to The Comic Strip Presents if I recall correctly. I loved the Lashings of ginger beer parody of the Famous Five Ah yes, the Eighties, overload of anarchic humour. The best they did was The Strike. Simply divine.
    Kind Regards,
    Pulsar

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Seem to be screaming off at a tangent here.

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

As for the existence of God, just ask the Babel fish, it proved God existed & therefore didn't. ( Faith, proof etc (Hitchhikers' fans will see the link!)

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, yep - I believe anything that was in the "Hitchhiker' Guide".

As my dear Mom always said, They wouldn't have put it in ptint if it wasn't true. Take the Reader's Digest for instance . . . . . ".

and then she voted

I almost edited here, when by rights it deserved a post all by itself -

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  17. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Ptint?!! I have nearly fallen off my sofa laughin' myself to death!!!!!!
    May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest my armpits!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Goodness pulsar,

A major edit for a single letter - me silly pencil slipped from the "R" to the "T". Could you imagine if I wished someone "Luck" but accidentally hit the "F" instead of the "L" ?

As my dear Mom always said, "They wouldn't have put it in ptint (having to edit my post all because of a typo. "ptint s/b print. It would be funnier if I didn't hit any letter at all there) if it wasn't true. Take the Reader's Digest for instance . . . . . ". (Naaaah, someone else take that silly thing . . . .)