1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Another Day

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Bolter, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Bolter

Bolter Member

Used Dvd2one to copy the latest Bond Flick, everything worked fine except - cannot get the forced subtitles to come up, copied all the english subs but no success. Had the same problem with The Sum of All Fears, wasn't able to fix the problem on that one either. Any suggestions

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure when I did that film that DVD2One gave me the option of [forced subs] as one of the options.
    The reason I say this is because they were the only subs I took..if I remember correctly.

I did PAL R2 , is this also what you're doing ?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I give you all these seed bearing plants & herbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2003
  3. Bolter

Bolter Member

The disc I backed up was a region 2 and 4 but I am positive that it didn't say that any of the subs were forced as some of the other movies I have done. I have now had the same problem with Tuxedo (Jackie Chan) when you play the original it turns on the forced subs but when you copy it using Dvd2one you have to turn on the subtitle on the dvd player and it doesn't say that the sub was forced.

4. herbsman

Yeah I know what your talking about , I had the same thing on ... I think it was 'Bourne Identity'

I've since checked Die Another Day and you're totally correct I have to initaite the subs

5. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

6. thingimij

thingimij Guest

had the same thing myself doing sum of all fears and the bond film, the only way of getting the forced subs was to select all the sub streams, that was the same for both films.
    dont know why, it just worked.

thingimijig.

7. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I solved my problem with Amistad by doing full disk copy on dvd2one ver 1.2. I though quality would suck since its 7.8GB but it was very very decent. Best of all I now have the subs. Might try doing full disc copy bolter.

8. herbsman

Hey , good to hear you sorted Amistad homeboy.
    You would imagine the quality would be lacking somewhat after 7.5Gb+ being compressed.
    What options did you take in DVD2One 1.20 , variable ratio option for instance ?
    Just asking so as others that may come thru this thread will get the jist of how you did slightly problematic DVD : )

9. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

Good point herbs.

All I did was dvd decrypter to dvd2one ver 1.2 did the full disk copy with variable compression. I just made sure there were check marks in everything available.