1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between BPS and SW on burners

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by that1dude, Oct 19, 2004.

1. that1dude

that1dude Member

I recently purchased a Plextor Premium 52x32x52x BPS CD-R/RW burner from newegg.com I had the selection of choosing between BPS and SW of the same burner. I wasn't sure what those meant, did a little searching, not much, and didn't turn up anything. I ended up buying the BPS because the OEM was $78.00 and the retail version of the SW was $82.00. I figured that if the BPS was in retail packaging it would cost more and hence must be better. I know that is a shot in the dark but seemed semi-logical. Could someone explain to me the difference between the two?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

BPS stands for BULK Packaging System-- means the supplier has bought those from Plextor in bundles. Those can be repacked and sold -- they usually have no manuals, no jumpers or connecting cables - Software is not included unless the re-seller does so.

The SW stands for SoftWare is the complete unit with all necessary cables, manuals and bundled software.

3. that1dude

that1dude Member

Oh... hehe, thanks. Well Newegg.com is a good reseller because they sent software and manuals with mine. They didn't send IDE cable, screws and what not but no matter as I have extra anyway, so I guess I choose the best one for me by accident, lol.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Newegg is a good place to buy -- Volume is their strength !! You get good stuff for your buck !