1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Shutter 3D and Cinema 3D TV's?

Discussion in '3D TV' started by DavGerm4, Jan 24, 2012.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I want to get a 3D TV, and I've been thinking of one of the Sony ones, but they use the shutter glasses, where as LG has one now that uses Cinema Glasses. I wanted to know, is one better then the other? I mean I have a PS3, and most of my games are 3D Compatible, and the 3D doesn't give me headaches like other people, so I just wanted to know what's the difference between 3D TV's that use the shutter glasses, compared to the newer TV's that are now using the Cinema Glasses?

Thanks!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Thanks scorpNZ, I actually did a search, but didn't see that link. Must have been just how I worded it!

Again, appreciate it!

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

2D wise, Sony NX and HX series have a better picture than LG. But with 3D it's an entirely different story. LG's Passive has a better 3D viewing experience, but almost hand in hand as say Panasonic/Samsung's Active 3D, which both happen to have a better 2D picture than LG.

One of the main complaints about Active 3D are that the glasses are to bulky, but not only have they come down in price, they're also feather light too now. My Sony Titanium Active 3D glasses are lighter than my reading ones.

If your going to be watching everything in 3D, then LG's Passive tech will be a good choice, but if you plan on doing both 2D and 3D modereatly, take a look at Panasonic/Samsung's new plasmas. If you will also do a lot of gaming, then go with Panasonic, Samsung has worse Image Retention than Panasonic does.

I have the Sony NX720 which is an amazing TV, but 3D isn't that great. 3D movies look really good, but 3D gaming and bootleg 3D content (side to side) isn't that great.

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

passive all the way, cheap as chips and work great for me the wife and kids, who wants to pay 60£+ for one pair of glasses that are bulky and heavy and cant watch a 3d film with kids as the glasses are to heavy???? not me, and passive glasses have got better and the 3d with them now is really good, in my opinion that is ..........