1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differences between SVCD MPEG File and Original MPEG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DogBomb, Jan 12, 2004.

1. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I have a bunch of captured MPEG-2 files on my PC which I've used to create SVCDs. I'd like to delete them but still have a copy of an MPEG file if I ever need to edit it again. Besides the bitrate difference, has anyone ever had problems using the MPEG file on the SVCD for editing/viewing on the PC? How about the .DAT file on VCDs? Just curious if I can rely on these MPEGs later on my VCDs/SVCDs. If so, it wouldn't make sense for me to backup the original MPEGs. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you have the Movies Burnt to CD-R in SVCD Format then you have the File stored on CD-R and you can Transfer the Mpeg file to your PC anytime you want...There is No real need to back it up seperately as it is allready on Disk....

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Thanks for the reply. Just needed confirmation in case I ever want to edit the original mpegs again.