1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difficulty burning dvd with the Liteon SOHW-1673s

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jedigarh, Apr 10, 2005.

1. jedigarh

jedigarh Member

My old Opto went bad and so I need a replacement. All that I have read suggests to me that Liteon DVD burners are great. But, I am having trouble burning single layer 5's with the burner. All but my latest Nero upgrades leave portions of sound off or mosaic when try to view a dvd.

The 1673s should be top of the food change with the newest 1693 just coming out. So, does anyone have a software package that will operate well the the 1673s? What is it called? Please send reply to hartshog@bellsouth.net.

Thanks, Jedigarh

2. the-texan

the-texan Member

I bought this same drive as soon as I could find it. It has worked great since. I even did a clean install, and again works great with all the software out there. Sounds like your having some hareware conflicts.
    I suggest that you go into device manager and delete any optical drive you have and reboot. This usually solves hareware conflicts. If this doesn't correct the problem,next try by disconnecting the drive after deleting everything again in device manager. Leave the drive disconnected after reboot. Check device manager to make sure it is not finding a ghost drive. Turn off computer, connect drive, and boot--that better fix it. Hope this works!!!