1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Cable with HDTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hawk4113, Apr 7, 2005.

1. hawk4113

hawk4113 Member

I jsut bought a Sanyo HT30744. Awesome TV for DVD's and regular cable. But when I run my digital cable signal through it I can only run it through the analog tuner, via A/V jacks or coax. The digital tuner will only read from HDMI jack or Terrestrial signals. My Cable box(digital) only has yellow/red/white jacks. The Sanyo guy said if the box is digital it should have blue/green/? just for the video and/or the audio(red/white). Any suggestions if there is some kind of adapter. My digital channells are always breaking up when I run them through the analog tuner.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You need an HD decoder box from your cable company to take advantage of HD channels. Regular digital cable boxes just decode some channels digitally, no big deal(composite connection). Call your cable provider for their best box. Hopefully they are available in your area.

3. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

wolfniggr is right most cable companys offer two digital boxes one is for analog tvs and one is just for hd tvs.