1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Camcorder to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by vgoyal, Apr 3, 2003.

1. vgoyal

vgoyal Member

I have a Sony Mini DV camera. I have taken multiple home videos and would like to convert them to a dvd. Currently, I am using Ulead 6.0 to capture, edit and render the videos into a format compatible for a DVD. I them use Ulead's DVD movie factory to burn the dvd using my Pioneer A-03 burner.

After doing that I have a dvd that I can run on my regular dvd players. However, it skips a lot and in a couple of places the dvd cannot be read. I burned the dvd using DVDPro media from Meritline.

I don't know where the problem. Is it with my software, my burner or my media. If anyone has any ideas they will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. malum

malum Regular member

sounds like media, does it play OK on the drive that made it? If so then it probably is the media. Or you have a fussy stand alone player that doesn't like DVD-R much, does it work OK on other players?

3. vgoyal

vgoyal Member

Thanks for the quick response. It works fine on the player that made the dvd. I too am thinking that it is the media.

Do you have any recommendations on what might be the best media for what I am doing?

Thanks again.

4. malum

malum Regular member

In my opinion the best value for money are Ritek G03 discs. (rebranded and sold under many different names try www.blankdiscshop.co.uk to get some idea)

If you aren't going to be knocking out lots of copies and the result is important then you might consider Verbatim or some other expensive branded product.