1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Digest....what happened??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by arniebear, Jun 12, 2007.

1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Okay I been sick for awhile and out of the loop the past few months, but what has happened to Digital Digest? It seems they no longer host any discussions on ripping or anything that has to do with protected content, did I miss something? Also, it seems that my beloved RipIt4Me is now among the fallen going the way of DVD Decrypter, any info you can give this lost soul will be appreciated. Just hope AD does not follow suit.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ripit4me got taken over by macrovision. check the new section as i think it is mentioned there.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Arniebear, this thread may be of interest to you..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/519931

As for Digital Digest, a certain member's illegal ditrobuting of RipIt4Me got them done for, I think. The Doom9 article has quite an indepth look into what went on, although they are wrong about RipIt4Me's takedown being Son'ys fault, it was MacroVision's fault.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanks for the info, it is sad. Such a good program gone, I feel as blue as when Decrypter went down. Am not a big DVDFab fan, so I guess I just stick to my AnyDVD when RipIt stops working. It is too bad that FixVTS is gone too, it was excellent at cleanup.