1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital media player

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by antonio11, Sep 13, 2005.

1. antonio11

antonio11 Regular member

hey there
    Im thinking about buying a digital media player and I thought that maybe someone here can give me some advice or a suggestion about a good digital media player

2. yocsb

yocsb Member

it depends on what kind of media you want to use. If you listen to music and ocaisonally watch a movie you might might go for a 20 gig with a 2.2 inch screen (archos gmini400, or cowon x5) if you're more of a movie guy go for at least a 3.5 inch screen and more then 20 gigs because when it comes to video 20 gigs isn't enough (archos av400, av500, creative zen...). Archos recently released the Av700, with a 7 inch screen and 40 or 100 gigs but i heard the battery life isn't great.

3. yocsb

yocsb Member

last year i bought the Archos Av480 (80 gigs, 3.8 inch screen)you can record video into Mpeg4 if you link it to your tv, vcr... you can get about 8 hours of battery when listening to music and about 4.5 for movies. a real good thing about it is that with 80 gigs i use it also as an external hard drive you just plug it in in usb 2.0 and voila!I take it with me all over the place.

the cons on these new media devices are the battery life, the conversion
    of most video files and their price.