1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital MP4 player HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by tdhar921, Aug 3, 2009.

1. tdhar921

tdhar921 Member

I got a MP4 player off Ebay. I just received it today. I tried to download my music on it but it wont work. It says format error. Could it be that my usb port is to slow or am I doing something wrong? Plaese help!!!

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Is it detected as a mass storage device? could be the drive inside isn't formatted.. what does it use.. is it an sd card or what..

not enough info at all.

3. tdhar921

tdhar921 Member

All it said was mass storage. But, other than that I do not know.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Guess I wasn't clear enough in the way I asked for more info...

what format files are they.. and where do you get the error?

make and model helps too.. and there is a lot of junk sold on fleabay.. fakes pretending to be something else.

5. tdhar921

tdhar921 Member

Yes, it has a SD.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

varnull, I bet this is not a fake, it is probably an official Chipod!

This is typical for a phase II Chipod.

tdhar921, you got less than you paid for. It was not the bargain you hoped for. I suspect the price was cheap but the S&H was more than the mp4 player. It is quite possible the vender knew it was defective when he purchased it. The vendor will sell good ones for a month or two at cost then make a killing selling defective ones during phase II till eBay shuts them down.

Yes, I got burned a few years back. At lest mine worked for a month before it wouldn't sync. It still played music for a while after that. They all die pretty much the same way. You will never get your money back. They will give you a new one but that will be junk as well. They buy it for a buck and charge you 10 for handling.

If you want a bargain, buy a refurbished Sansa and purchase a warentee. Together they can be purchased for about a quarter of the list price or about twice what you paid.

I have done well on ebay but you must factor in you will get screwed from time to time even if you are very careful. If you are not careful you best stay clear. NEVER buy something where the S&H is more than the product unless the S&H is small.

varnull, I buy most of my jewlery there. I suspect you are not big on jewlery but most gals like to wear some from time to time. I have spent several thousand USDs on jewlery from ebay. The only times I have been screwed, is when I was not careful about the description. These were alsways small enough that I was not paying cloase attention. Everything over 100 USDs has been a great bargain. I always got what was described. I only buy from big sellers. Jewlery goes for about 10% of apraised value. Stores sell from 50-90% of apraised value. Pearls are the biggest mark-up. Chinese pearls go for next to nothing. That is where the jewlers buy theirs. You just need to warn the vendor if the pearls are not perfectly smooth you will send them back. They get the message and send you good ones or will tell you that the pearls are not perfectly smooth. Pearls are not perfectly smooth if they have not been in the oyster long enough.