1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital music

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jackgee, May 14, 2012.

1. jackgee

jackgee Member

just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to download to a hard drive the equilivent to a digital jukebox as seen in pubs or even buy it. fed up puting on CD albums that i really only like a few songs and CD compilations with the same songs lol.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.........J

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You rip the CDs with EAC or dbPowerAmp. Store them on your hard disk. Them play them with a jukebox such as Media Monkey or WinAmp or use a mp3 player like an ipod. Get some Philip or Sony 'in-the-ear' buds for less than $15L for the mp3 player and you are good.

That technology has been main stream for over a decade.

More importantly, you preserve your CDs and properly ripped the audio will be at least as good. Also we tend to lose CDs far more often than computers.

I would rip using LAME VBR mp3s at the highest fidelity setting. The files are small and the quality is better than your ears or audio equipment.

3. jackgee

jackgee Member

thanx for your help mate, can you help with another problem please? up until now i have connected my external hard drive to my sound system and was able to view on tv to select the tracks. i cant get the media monkey to work this way is this possible as it would make it so much easier to find tracks. thanx again

4. jackgee

jackgee Member

sorry forgot to say hard drive is connected to sound system via USB

5. Mez

Mez Active member

Maybe there are too many USB connections. All my music is on external drives. They use USB connections. I have no problem. All my juke box players are on C: not on the HD. Be careful about finding tracks. I actually have several external drives the boxes have both USB and eSATA. I load and find tracks using the eSATA connection. MM could get screwed up. I did that after moving about a t-byte from one drive to another then tried to find the tracks. MM died a horrible death. It is far smarter to move 100 g at a time then let MM reconcile.