1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Video Recorder Choices

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by larrybo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. larrybo

larrybo Member

I would like to replace my VCR and move over to A DVR with hard drive and DVD recording.
    My considerations are a Sony RDR-HX900 or JVC DR-MH30S, or JVC DR-MX1S.
    Are these models fair choices? Thanks for your advise.

2. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

I guess price isn't a factor when it comes to purchasing? It looks like your shooting for the 160 gig hard drive models except in the JVC DR-MX1S I know right now if there are other things that interest you in using your recorder for the ilo DVDRH04 from walmart is a great buy for $278. It only has an 80 gig hard drive in it. There are some great people on this forum that have done great things to the firmware as they are released from ilo.

I am just biased I guess since I have one of these and also I didn't want to spend to much money and probably would never need that much storage space.

3. larrybo

larrybo Member

Thanks for your quick response and pointing out the ilo DVDRH04, which seems like a bargain for what you get. However, I'd prefer to stay with a major brand and more HD storage capacity. So, my question is still whether the Sony RDR-Hx900 or JVC DR-MH30S are good choices , and which is better machine. Thanks for qualified feedback.

4. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

I hope some one can lend you some advice then on your 3 choices. Good luck.