1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digivox T mmds get it going (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tdtd80, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pointrena

pointrena Guest

Thanks Cactikid, I hooked up the aerial as you said, turned antenna on, and put scart through to the tv.
    I done an automatic scan and got no channels, the scan started at 218000 and went to 370000.
    If I was able to tune in 4 home channels with the aerial directly connected to the tv does that mean the aerial is working?
    I checked all connections except the aerial up on the roof.
    Should I start to scan further up the range.
    Thanks

2. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

did you turn emu on, its in hidden menu, can you get into that,

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as some areas differ u might have to state locality for someone to help u out with frequency in that region i think within 15 miles of transmitter.

4. pointrena

pointrena Guest

I am able to turn emu on in the system information 1004
    I live in the outskirts of limerick city and can see the mast its within about 5 miles of where I live.

5. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

your getting signal from cratloe so, ok your emu is on . there is 2 ways of lining up your aerial, vertial and horizontal_, you picking up any channels at all. 100% sure your should be horizontal, your power supply is fine ya , give try deleting everything and rescan

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The emu has no affiliaton to the channel scan. Your amg aerial is simply using a different downconverting frequency range than a standard ch*rus aerial. You have to manual scan as mentioned some postings above.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  7. kylebr

kylebr Member

i just flashed with v 3300 and now digivox says chdl and wont budge any help please?

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

its a bad flash thats all,reflash again have box powered off press download and power on box nearly at same time to force firmware onto box
    it might work 1st time or 20th time.this is for a digivox t box only the firmware i mean as u just say u have digivox.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  9. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

theres newer software now its the v4300

10. paddyiris

paddyiris Member

Lads i'm trying to set up my digivox t box i got it from iwantabox.com and it came with a RS232 cable but i bought a RS232 to USB to connect with my PC. I have tried opening downloader 10 and find the file but as soon as i hit download it starts but after a sec or 2 it says downloader10 encountered an error and needs to close so i can't flash the box. anyone got any ideas?? cheers

11. tdtd80

tdtd80 Regular member

if you are using VISTA the downloader has problems with that operating system as far as i know

if you can... use Xp

did you get a driver with that usb cable ?? a disc ??? install it
    you may have to download one to use with vista

12. ego28

ego28 Member

Hi All
    Trying to set up a digivox-t in Offaly between Ferbane and Ballinahown,
    reading the tread I have the right firmware loaded, does anybody know where the nearest ch--- transmitter is in that area, or a way I could find out, there was a service there before but the antenna was taken down. I have the panormana rod type antenna
    Any help would be great

13. tdtd80

tdtd80 Regular member

how you doing ego28,

the best bet is to go around and look at the roofs of peoples houses that have chor&& installed and point it in that general direction

one more thing

as far as i know the new digivox t has NEW FIRWARE to flash
    the old one was 3300 version
    the new one is 3330 version

just in case you have trouble with it

t

14. ego28

ego28 Member

Thanks tdtd80 for the response, downloaded the lasted from emo lib, the arent any antenna in the local area, this is rural area so next house quite a bit away, have heard there is a transmitter in athlone any idea how far the antenna will pick up a signal i'm about 12 mile away, does it have to be spot on to work, I know the broadcast at 2.5ghz is there a way I could find the signal i.e signal finder

15. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

ya you will pick it up at 12 miles once theres no big obstructions in the way have you already bought the box and antenna etc

16. ego28

ego28 Member

Ye have digivox-t antenna and downconverter power supply, does the quality of the coax make a differance, any idea what the transmitter look like.

Thanks J

17. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

ya it will affect it ya can pick up good coax in any electrical shop for feck all
    keep away from maplins and argos im on about a wholesale or someone who sell miles of it
    unlike the other two which sell feck all and charge a fortune
    six or seven euro will get ya loads
    once ya have everything id chance setting it up ya have nothing to lose
    when ya have it setup
    do a scan make sure everything is turned on
    then ya can check your signal strength and adjust accordingly

18. ego28

ego28 Member

Got the coax from a wholesaler 30 euro for 50 mts it's standard coax and using the screw on f type connections, sorry if this is a silly question but how do you test the signal strength when I run an auto scan it comes no channels found. Also see on another tread that there is a ch---s transmitter on the water tower in Athlone which by google map is 9.5 miles away, how exact do the antennd direction have to be. I've also see on another tread that it has to be line of sight how could I find that out?
    again tdtd80 thanks for all the help J

19. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

just select a channel eben if theres no picture and on the remote you will see a button with sig wrote on it thats the signal button

that cable will do just make sure ya attach the connections properly is your antenna power switched on in the settings on box and emu turned on if not ya can turn it on in the installations section

to turn on emu go to system info press 1004 with remote and then ya can scroll down to turn on emu then exit and rescan

20. ego28

ego28 Member

Thanks daithi55 will try that on Thursday as I'm away from home for a few days working, just one question where is the channel eben,

Again thanks for the help and support.