1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DigiVox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MAINAMN, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoax3r

hoax3r Member

i want to put the new valid software on my box will anybody be willin to add me on msn and go through the whole process with me step by step my box is digivox version is 2.5 i would really apreciate it

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

it has go to post one and read all info there and update to v 2.800 from library

3. TedC02

TedC02 Member

I'm guessing that N*l are going to be updating their codes a lot more frequently from now on and i was just looking to update my firmware. Just a bit muddled on the wire i need to get to update the box, where could i get the rs-232 cable and what type do i need? Also what is the most up to date firmware available for the digivox at the moment?

4. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

the mopst recent software is prob v4 but just to be safe i would go with v 2.800 its running perfect at moment 2.600 seems to be working ok too but any thing before that like 2.500 is not auto rolling .. follow insructions on page one of this thread to find out how to upload firmware but if your computer knowledge isnt great your best bet would be to find someone with a digivox with the software already on it so you could just transfer the software from his box with a null modem cable you can buy a null modem cable in maplins

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  5. hoax3r

hoax3r Member

i have bought my box withought software or cable i can purchase cable from maplins but where do i get the software and if i follow the instructions on post one is it easy to do and btw does any body have the product code for the cable i have a digivox version 2..5

6. TedC02

TedC02 Member

Well i've checked my pc and unfortnately i don't have a 9 pin serial port, the only similar port i can see is a 15 pin one for the monitor but i'm guessing thats something completely different. Has anyone any experience using a usb to 9 pin cable or know if such a set up would work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7. hoax3r

hoax3r Member

i have bought my box withought software or cable i can purchase cable from maplins but where do i get the software and if i follow the instructions on post one is it easy to do and btw does any body have the product code for the cable i have a digivox version 2..5

8. borito

borito Guest

Hi guys, im new to the forum and I need your help!

I have a DigiVox experiencing same problem as other people - channels just keeps saying updating and gets stuck in a loop. I have been to nokias. co.uk site and downloaded the software update and flash file. When trying to flash the cable box I just get the message "Fail to update Flash!".

I dont know if I am doing something wrong or how to fix it. One thing I should mention incase it makes a difference is that im using a male-female cable that came with the box and also using a gender changer to convert it to female-female cable. Would this cause a problem?

I also currently have v2.5

9. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

can any1 give me i link for firmware 2.8

10. farhic7

farhic7 Member

11. pip2704

pip2704 Member

Help!
    My laptop has no serial port can you use an rs232 null cable with a serial to usb adapter will it work?

12. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

hi! any one know new code for digivox, because i lost all channels, or is there is any link that i check for update codes for digivox.
    with many thanks for any help.

13. Thedavman

Thedavman Member

Hey all Afterdawners,

Up until recently, my digivox has always updated itself (V. 2500) however the last 2 weeks i havent been so fortunate and have had to manually enter the codes. From reading previous posts, i know that i have to update to V. 2800 and then it will autoroll, however i am unsure what cable i need to connect the digibox to my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1521). Keep getting confused between null modem, rs232, male, female, etc. Would be great if somebody could point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

14. bigmac04

bigmac04 Member

use an rs232 cable with a usb connection and you may need to buy a gender changer for it. hope this helps. dig deep ma man its all in the threads..

15. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

it will have 9 pin holes in it and both ends are a blue colour..
    e.g http://www.nullmodem.com/DB-9.htm

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  16. farhic7

farhic7 Member

TheDavman,

If you have a meter or a buzzer you can tell if a cable is Null Modem as follows:-

Pin 2.(TD) at one end is connected to pin 3.(RD) at the other end AND Vice-versa.

This allows Transmit(TD) to connect to Recieve(RD) BOTH directions.

17. ador2

ador2 Member

Hi there, where do i get the firmware for my digivox. i'm not having much luck.. Help..

18. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

the eko.link on my sig , digivox-firmware and download the v4000

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Now how would you know about a Digivox :) ........ good evening Main ;)

20. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

lol mate.. sorry for not getting back to u, left a pm 4 u !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.