1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DigiVox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MAINAMN, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

2. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

one more thing tempo2006, please text me the name of driver i can downloaded easy from internet but need i need the name thanks 4 helping.
    chech out this site there sre great staff in it:
    imafia.net
    register and look for many things

3. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

thanks Temo u r great man, i think i will download usb driver. thanks man.

4. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

not too sure of name but if you go to the link i sent you and download one of the drivers there im using the win 98 driver .. any how have to head off good luck hope you get it sorted

5. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

i'll try thanks 4 help. have a gd nit, i let u know when i update my box. gd nit.

6. m50boyz

m50boyz Member

ok folks..before i chuck me digivox in the wheely bin..can i rattle yer brains...i have the rs232, downloder 10 with ver2.800 ready to rock but dont get any movement in the progress bar when i hit download...any clues appreciated..im using a laptop with the usb converter for the rs232

7. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

mate u have same my problem, i bought usb convertor and rs232 null modem but same thing happen, i return it back to the mapline.
    im sure there is no connection between ur pc and the box, that was same 4 me, how u know there is no connection;
    if u disconnect the cable from pc, u still c the download bar without movement, so if there was connection the bar going to move forward.

ok since u have everything i tell u some thing
    1. make sure the cable u bought is rs232 null modem
    2. i had chat wd Tempo last nit in this thread he recomend to install driver for usb convertor, so try to install 1 of this driver im not sure which 1 its jus read it and try, if u get any result and updated ur box plc let me know, so i do the same.
    best of luck.

8. m50boyz

m50boyz Member

will do...cheers man, which driver do you install, id say your right about the connection, i reckon its down to the rs232/usb connecter[ because i have a laptop

9. Dar1103

Dar1103 Member

hey tempo, is there a driver for the serial rs232 null modem cable?

10. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

11. m50boyz

m50boyz Member

allright zerdesht, did you sort out your digivox...i still cant get the progress bar moving, its obviously not connecting properly..any ideas mate???

12. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

man i gave up really, i think its usb converter problem, obviously there is no connection between pc and digivox whatever i do.

downloading bar will not move because there is no connection between ur box and pc.

but the best thing is if u buy sr232 null modem cable and find a computer with serial port so there is no need for usb converter, that is only way it works, now im waiting to find some 1 who have pc with serial port.

gd luck man.

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes some work some dont it is a right pain,do u have a pc in the house,as i bought myself a new pc with no serial port and clever techguy knows me so well he fitted one anyway which is great,it is well worth considering getting one fitted for updating all boxes.

14. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

thanks catkid,im considering that, i asked few people they say they can't fitted serial port, only use usb converter, but i'll try again few more shop 2 c what they say.

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i also have an acer pc and yes usb but cannot update boxes and i never bothered about a converter but i was told there is something else i can use,but will not fit mine,it is a pcmcia rs232 serial adapter which is a card which fits into side of laptop for flashing it about 5 inches by 2 inches ,but my laptop takes a smaller one,itis a plug and play device with no bull.lol

16. zerdesht

zerdesht Regular member

thanks man, i'll go check in pc shop tomoro, i have desktop, c what happen.

17. sparky882

sparky882 Member

Hi, just wondering if anybody can help me. Ive got a digivox and have been using it problem free over the last 6 months and have had no problem getting all the channels, this week though all the pay channels have stopped working and show the message data loading but when it gets to 100% and sometimes 180% it just goes back to the channel , still not working then starts the loading data box again and keeps doing this. Ive tried wiping all the channels and reserching, tried re entering the unlock code and even tried copying the data onto mine off my brothers box but still have the same problem. Has anyone had this same issue or know how I might be able to fix it? any help would really be appreciated. Mark

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

check what firmware is on ur box u need vers2.6 or preferably 2.8 anything below does not work,channel movement loses channels,so factory settings ok to delete,autoscan ur provider and emu to on.

19. mrvox08

mrvox08 Member

hey,

i tired to do a cahnnel scan on my digivox tonight and all of the channels are on the box but they are not named! they come up as TV 1588
    ot TV 1789 for instance. when i go to the guide it says 179 channels in "ALL" but no channels in any other catagories, i have done a factory reset and completed a full ascan again but still the same any ideas??

Kind regards

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

sometimes it happens ,after u do a factory reset,and english comes up,power off box for a min /on and continue should work,or try scanning early in morning with stronger signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.