1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by carlmart, Nov 28, 2005.

1. carlmart

carlmart Regular member

Well, I have the following dilemma: some films I have are splitted in two avi files, but the subtitle files I downloaded are in one whole part only.

As the sub file locks to the film time code to place the titles, I can only use it for part 1. I did try renaming for part 2 but the tc codes for that avi part are zeroed because of the split.

It would seem I have to two choices: either I paste the avi parts together to make one whole part 1 (how I don't know) or I split the sub text, re-writing the time-codes for second part (which could be quite tedious).

Which are my options to work this out?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Like you said you basically have two options.
    You can split the sub using Subtitle Workshop. Subtitle workshop doesn't support bitmap subs, but you said text so you should be ok.

To join the avi's you could use VirtualDubMod or AVIMuxGUI.

3. carlmart

carlmart Regular member

[bold]To join the avi's you could use VirtualDubMod or AVIMuxGUI. [/bold]

With VirtualDubMod, when I try toload the video part, I get a message saying "Warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag".

With AVIMuxGUI, I don't seem to get it on how to join both parts. It seems that it only splits parts, instead of joining them.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

"Warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag" just means that your source file uses bframes that aren't packed. Oh, also that you have an older XviD build. Since a while now that text was dropped for a plain black frame. Either way, it doesn't really matter, the message or black frame is generated by the decoder and isn't part of the stream.

AVIMuxGUI can join files. I have done so numerous times and it has worked fine. You just load both avi's, select them and then press the create data source button or whatever it is called.

5. carlmart

carlmart Regular member

Perhaps the problem I had with VirtualDub and AVIMuxGUI is due to the fact that those avi files are Divx compressed.

In any case, what I did download and worked fine was Subtitle Workshop. Using it I could split the title and synchronize it alright. A powerful tool.

BTW: this time, when I download the avi files on Procoder, I can see the subtitles in its own video monitoring. So I guess it will decode them along with the images. Which is what I wanted: to burn the subtitles.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005