1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

directcd?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by helokitay, Apr 24, 2005.

1. helokitay

helokitay Member

Is there any other software available that is similar to DirectCD (by Roxio, was by Adaptec)? Something that will let you write to a disc using Windows Explorer?

I have a NEC 3540a, and DirectCD does not support it. I've been searching for a replacement, but with no luck.

Thanks for any replies.

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Nero has InCD which I believe is the equivolent to your DirectCD. If you go this route make absolutely certain to rid your computer of all traces of the Roxio software. Nero & Roxio don't play well together.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you check roxio site for updates?

4. helokitay

helokitay Member

Yes, I installed the only updates available from Roxio and it still gives the error "No compatible CD-RW drive found!". This is unfortunate since I really liked how convenient DirectCD is for backing up files.

I'll try Nero and see if it'll work.

5. ddp

what version is the roxio burning program?

6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

That drive is pretty new but:

Roxio v7.0 and v7.5 should support it, since they do not need Drive Database anymore.

http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives&ltr=NEC

NOTE: All CD and DVD recorders manufactured since 1997 should be supported by Easy Media Creator 7 through our dynamic drive detection mechanism. No drive updates are required for Easy Media Creator 7.

You have an older version ?

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  7. helokitay

helokitay Member

I've never felt the need to upgrade my directcd (or other Adaptec products), because they've always worked fine with my last CD writer. So my DirectCD software is really old (3.01!).

There were 2 (I think) patches on Roxio's website for DirectCD 3.01 and I installed them, but I suppose that version of DirectCD is simply too old to be compatible with my new CD writer. Is there anything else I can try? I'd really like to keep using DirectCD due to the convenience of the app.

8. ddp

could try & find a newer version of roxio off ebay, used software store or buy the new version