1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirectX 9.0 will not install on Windows XP Media Ctr Edition 2002

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ALVAJC, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ALVAJC

ALVAJC Guest

Im trying to install/upgrade to directx 9.0 from 8.1 on my system in order to use/install some high end video editing software that requires 9.0

Im running Windows xp Media Center Edition 2002...I can download it from The Microsoft website...it tries to install, goes through the normal process, acts like it's done (gives no errors)...but somehow never actaully installs(?????)...it still says vs 8.1 when I run 'dxdiag'on my system.....Im having no luck (or help) from Microsoft with this problem at all...And I have lots of software that I cannot use because I cannot upgrade to vs 9.0.....very frustrated!!!

The Directx 9.0 page says that Windows XP Media Center Edition IS compatible with DirectX 9.0....Please help with thsi install/upgrade problem

Anyone had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated....please reply with a post...I will try anything at this point to get it to work

Thanks,

JF

2. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

just download the update from www.download.com and install it

3. ALVAJC

ALVAJC Guest

Just "download" what update from download.com??? Im not sure what you're talking about about...I've already tried downloading the latest version of directx 9.0 directly from the actual microsoft website...it just will not install for some reason....could you please elaborate a little more on what I need to do

Any help on fixing this problem would be appreciated...have you personallly had this problem or know someone that has...and you have a 'fix' for this problem.....please help...

Thanks,

Joey

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Are you getting any errors or messages as to why it's not installing?

Far as I know, there are a few ways to install Direct X.

The web installer. The full redist package. Windows Update. Thru games that require it.

The web installer is the first choice you get when you go to the Direct X page....the redist package link can be found at the bottom of that page. Windows update will have it either in the critical or software updates section. Or..try installing a game that has it on the CD.