1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"DirectX" Backdoor Trojan Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Mik3h, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hey All.

I recently had a virus installed (accidentally) and the little thing won't go :)

I've tried numourous AV programs, and I've also tried it manually. I've tried to delete the startup value, and the process itself, but no luck. So I've taken some helpful screenshots for anyone wiling to help!

[​IMG]

Notice how the program says it is located here, but even with hidden files/folders shown it doesen't seem to be there!

[​IMG]

This is the little bugger running, notice how it says [/bold]I[/bold] am running it, and not the system.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Tried booting in safe mode and taking it out manually from there?

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I will try. But I'm not sure it will be there? hehe Ill take a look though, cheers Daniel.

-Mike

4. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

It'll still be in the Registry, but it should be inactive, so in theory, you could then remove the little bugger.
    If it doesn't help, post back, and i'll ask some of my co-workers at the pc repair if they've encountered this nasty little thing.