1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dirt cheap burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dlc2000, Apr 27, 2005.

1. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

2. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Have you looked into the 1UF with Riplock removed. I am just wondering if it is worth the flash. How fast does it Rip with the Riplock enabled.

3. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

I have only used the latest NEC supplied firmware, 3.04. I can rip with another drive that is DVD ROM only.

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

I have only used the latest NEC supplied firmware, 3.04. I can rip with another drive that is DVD ROM only.

5. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

Just like to add my view on the NEC burners. I have been using them for about 3 years now, and never had a single fault. Now have a 3520 which has made about 300 film burns, 90% at 8x speed, and have only had a couple of failures, and these were probably down to the media. Just started using Taiyo Yuden disks for PS2 backups, and the quality and playback is first class and very smooth. I have always recommended NEC and so far no-one has ever come back with a problem.

6. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Same as StanH1000. I don't use hacked firmware. The 3520 rips at 1-2X on most DVDs. Single layer a little faster. But I use Lite-On 167T to rip (and it is fast) and set 3520 to 8X burns with NERO and presto in about 20 minutes a burned movie pops out.....

7. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

I thank you all for your replies. I think I will rip with my L.G. DVD-Rom and Burn with the NEC. I have the Liteon 167T on my sons machine with a Plextor burner (716A). I was thinking about having two burners and no DVD-Rom. Nec as master and L.G. 4163B as slave. I don't know if that will work but it can't hurt to try.

8. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

I have had 2 burners in the same machine before, and Shrink will open 2 seperate instances, so you will be able to copy and burn 2 films at the same time. Obviously speed will depend on the machine you are using.

9. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

The Nec3520A is superior for speed and quality. I flashed it with mod firmware (1UF). Great firmware, it recognizes 8x media at 12x and 16x with no picture quality issues.