1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable Xbox Auto Run / Auto Update

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TKDKurisu, Oct 31, 2008.

1. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Ok, I've had my original Xbox modded for some time now. Most things are running smoothly, but I've found one constant irritation. If I already have a game in the system when I turn it on, it auto-loads even if I have autoplay disabled in XBMC. I realize that this is MSDash trying to autoplay, but how can I stop it? Also, the larger of the two problems is the auto-update. I have a two-in-one disk I bought (Top Spin / NCAA Football 2005), and found out the hard way that if it's in the system when it boots, it'll auto-update the Xbox Live files on MSDash and thus disable XBMC and restore MSDash as the default dash. This is, needless to say, VERY annoying. How can I get around this? Is there a way to manually edit the function (FTP and edit files perhaps?) or what? I've had to re-softmod the system several times now (and even hotswap once) to get it back to it's former state. Thoughts, suggestions, or answers? I'm desperate!

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I think your problem here is xbmc i know with my xbox i can leave anything in it and it won't auto load it. I use avalaunch, but i'm sure evox and unleashx would do the same thing. Xbmc usually autoplays anything, you might have to go into the config files and manually edit them.

Try using a different dash for the sake of argument. Download the AID disc and install avalaunch. Make sure when you reinstall the softmod you backup your files and change the names of the folders that would get overwritten (games, apps, emulators get changed to games1, emulators1, apps1). Then make sure in settings in main options that auto play is disabled. Then put in a disc and turn off your xbox, cross your fingers, and turn it back on. It should boot directly to the dash with a little disc logo in top right hand corner. If you want you and edit the main menu to include xbmc as the first option.

Also if you have a 1.0-1.5 xbox you can take my cheater drive files located in my sig and just replace your C: with them.

either way let me know how it goes

3. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Well see, I have disabled all the auto-play options in XBMC. The update occurs before XBMC even begins to boot. It takes me straight to MSDash and runs the update. Meaning no matter what dash I have it won't do any good.

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Delete your xbox live accounts or disable auto login. That's your problem. I remember helping someone with the same problem, they had a xbox live account signing in. You want to disable it and then you shouldn't have any more problems.

5. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

It is disabled. And also, I don't have an Xbox Live account, so that can't be it. Any other ideas?

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Sorry but that's all that i can think of. I've never had this issue before except for xbox's i've bought off craigslist that signed in automatically when they were connected to the net. I would just go and delete their account and that would solve all the issues.

Have you tried to copy the game using dvd2xbox to see if that problem occurs when you run the game?

7. Swango

Swango Member

I just copied my NCAA FOOTBALL 2005/ TOP SPIN CD to the hard drive. I used dvd2xbox and I have a 40gb hard drive. As soon as I launched the back up to make sure it worked it froze my mod, giving me the service screen code 21. So I got my back up from xboxhdm, restored my partitions, put the hard drive back in the xbox and tried it again. This time it copied fine and when I tried it to see if it worked the XBOX LIVE UPDATER came up. When it was done it started the game, I picked my team and saved, then the game froze. I am used to this because a lot of them will freeze that are copied to the hard drive, until you patch them. So I kicked out the game and rebooted. My mod was gone. I put in my memory card and the 007, went through the steps (I have modded 30 systems at least) but when I got to the load from hard drive it rebooted the game and would not load the installer. So then I deleted all game saves (there was a new gamesave called autoupdater) recopied the installer and exploit save to the hard drive and tried again. I know I can go back to my xboxhdm and copy the files but can someone tell me why that does that so I dont have that problem again? My hard drive only has so many locks left on it before it is disabled, I dont want to have to keep unlocking and relocking this drive everytime I get a game that messes this up. And if they have a fix for it why wouldnt M$ put this feature on all their games so that it screws up all modded systems?

thanks