1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabled forward-play?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Bryskens, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Bryskens

Bryskens Member

Have some movies thath allways seem to be WMV and ASF files
    that has the problem that it its impossible to play forward and rewind when playing them, no matter what media.player i test, even VLC-get stranges colours

but it work wery well whit no colour problem when just playing it from start to goal, without toutching the forward button
    and this files allso refuse to identifie its own codec, there is no file-info att all in neither video-inspector ore G-spot

this is all i can get from G-spot

File Type: ASF (.WMA/.WMV)
    Mime Type: video/x-ms-asf

i have codec "pack all in one" installed, but i dont know if really helps to unistall them(that is a common soulution), seens all video-inpector program anyway fails to identify the codec
    have tested to fix the this files in "allmedia fixer" and it doesnt help either

can i do something to get this files to play forward somehow?

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Indeed, having installed too many codecs could be the problem.
    Howvere, another possible issue here is that the file has a temporal compression (like for example MPEG) and there are no D-frames in it. Such D-frames are used for fast forward, rewind etc.
    The only thing that you can do about it is recompress it.

3. Bryskens

Bryskens Member

allwright thanks for answering
    Is there perhaps a link to a guide around here how to recompress? im pretty lame at codecs overall