1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disappearing games on r4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jodiebex, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

My young son has been playing games on his r4. Two of his games have disappeared from his micro sd card. They are still not there when i read the card on the computer. I reinstalled the games and the sav files were still available when he went to play them.
    Does anyone know how this could have happened, so that I can stop it happening again accidently?

2. cradledan

cradledan Member

You can delete the games from the menu on the R4 by pressing Y on the selected game and pressing A (only works on FILES not FOLDERS - just so you know). Maybe he deleted them by accident? If not, then maybe your card has errors in it, which a scan disk should be able to sort out.

hope this helps.

EDIT: Just remembered, deleting a ROM will not delete the SAV file. To delete the save file when on the DS, press select a couple of times till it displays all the files (not just ROMS) and you can delete the saves the same way as the roms.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  3. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Thanks for that info cradledan It was by accident - now i know and can ask him to be careful and not do it again!
    Another question, is the only way to get it back to reinstall game from computer, this is what I did but just incase he does manage to accidentally delete another (hes only 6 yrs old).......appreciate your response

4. juniR

juniR Guest

Yes that's the only way m8.