1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc clean up problems'

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mobywalt, May 6, 2007.

1. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

hey every1 i have a disc clean up issue

i keep on top of my computer and i would say i know my way around a computer.

well story goes - backed up some iso's to my computer so of course it will fragment the hd up a bit so analized it and yes it needed doing so i did.

after a disc defrag i always do a disc clean up so went to do it and it gets to 3 bars and doesnt budge any further although it doesn't! go into 'not responding mode' so it doesnt freeze i can just close without any problems and it will close stight away.

when it sticks at the 3 bars the computer stops working its nuts off there is hardly any cpu usage and also the hd light on the front of cumputer stops i cant understand why at all.

can any1 help any suggestions welcome.

cheers sam

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Try using another program like Ccleaner and Easy Cleaner. These programs can clean up ypur hard drive with ease. You can find both on my profile page in my links section.

3. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

cheers pal i didnt know about that software seems to be working so far.

thanks for posting anyway.

im from manchester to btw thought i would mention it as i seen you user icon

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Thanxs great to hear that the program is working. I just want to add that i do support Man Utd but i live in Australia but i do have great taste in what team i do follow. I have been a supporter since they won the treble. :)