1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by calvincrr, Mar 25, 2005.

1. calvincrr

calvincrr Member

Hey Guys...I'm at the end of my rope. I've been making backup copies of my movies using dvd decrypter 3.5.20 and dvd shrink now for a couple of months. I use Imation DVD+R RW DVDs and haven't had any problems with playback on any DVD player I own. Problem is, I've recently bought an external DVD burner for a different laptop (Mad DOG 16x USB 2.0)and can't get the discs produced on the Mad Dog to play in my Panasonic or Toshiba DVD Players (it reads disc eror)but will play on the XBox and computer DVD players. What's frustrating is...both computers are using the same exact windows platform (XP sp 2), the same exact DVD software (decrypter and shrink), the same brand of discs....but my desktop DVDs playback effortlessly on all DVD players and the Mad Dog discs will play on everything except tradtional DVD players. Does anyone have any clue how this can occur?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

the only thing I can think of is burn speed. Are these the same on both setups? Strange problem. If they play on the XBox you know they're burning properly. I don't know what would be different as long as the burn speeds are the same.

3. calvincrr

calvincrr Member

Thanks for the help, but yes, both speed settings are exactly the same. Now you understand why I'm at the end of my rope.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

well, logically we can blame the new burner.