1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc not found / insert disc error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by fosh, Mar 6, 2003.

1. zot

zot Guest

THX , but how can I know if my burner is a one sheep or two sheep burner , i have a lite-on LTR 48126s 2s07 CDRW

by the way 2) I tried to make a image of raven shield rainbow six 3 withe a safedisc 2.8 copy protection with alcohol 120 and also with the latest blindwrite but those programs both indicated that the expected reading time is about 10 to 12 hours , is this normal , I set the settings to skip reading mistakes and skip ng blok mistakes, and I didn't set to read the sub data , have I done something wrong

thanx in advance

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

We use the CloneCD supported writers list (EFM encoding).

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/writers/l.html#liteon
    As you can see, your Litey is a "2 sheep burner".

Good Gawd it [bold] shouldn't [/bold] take you 10 hours to read the image of a Safedisc 2.8.x protected cd m8. Your Litey should be able to read Safedisc 2.8.x in 10 minutes or less. Use Alcohol 120% to backup using the Safedisc 2 datatype to read the image, and write. Here is a useful guide to follow. BTW, did you use ClonyXXL to scan Rainbow Six Raven Shield to determine what cd protection is on the cd(s)?
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2003
  3. zot

zot Guest

yes I checked what protection was on my raven shield with the help of clony xl , now that I knew ;-)

but I think that I know now what the problem is I tried to read it with my cdrom and not my litey , the cdrom drive that I have is a 36x creative and is about 5 years old , that is probably the problem don't you think so?

I shall no try to read it with my litey hopefully it works , ooh god I so unbelieveably happy that I found this site/forum it really mean a lot for me thx

hopefully I don't bother you too mutch with my probs

4. zot

zot Guest

oke I've succeeded in making a backup of rainbow six thx to you, thank you thank you thank you, but when I was done with it their hanged a strange smell in the air like something that is burning, then i smelled my new litey and it smelled a bit funny, strange isn't it ///// other problem ; is it normal that ( I used blindwrite the latest one) that my with back up of praetorians ( securom 4.8x)it takes my about sometimes 20 sometimes 1 or 2 min or sometimes it doesn't work at all to get my cdrom reader or my litey to read the backup , this is very annoying what can I do about it maybe a wrong setting somewhere in blindwrite that should have been marked to not have this problem ?

thx thx thx in advance i'm realy sorry to bother you this much
    thx thx thx

bybye

5. zot

zot Guest

hellooo?,anybody ?????

6. tibi

tibi Member

Hey Fosh

I tried installing Sim City 4 and get an "please insert the correct cd" error. I'm using alcohol and it's hasn't done anything... what settings did you use for it.

Thanks a lot

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

For emulation, open Alcohol 120>Options>General>Emulation and check "Ignore media type". Go to extra emulation and check Bad Sectors& Laserlock emulation. To backup Sim City 4 use the Safedisc 2 datatype to read& write image(s) as [both] cd's are [/bold] Safedisc 2.8.x protected. [bold] Leave Alcohol 120 running in system tray (startup) [/bold] to play the backups (Emulation).

How to backup Safedisc 2.8.x:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Shoey :)