1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc to Disc Burns

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mollymags, Apr 27, 2004.

1. mollymags

mollymags Member

Are there any capabilities to do direct disc to disc burns or does one have to rip and then burn? Thanks in advance.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

need alot more info! have you done this sort of thing before?

thx...

3. mollymags

mollymags Member

I'm running a p4 system (1.8), 512 ram. I have a DVD-Rom and a DVD-RW. I was inquiring into the possibility of placing a movie in my DVD-rom and a blank in my DVD-rw and doing a disk-to-disk burn, instead of ripping the movie to my hard drive and then burning.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mollymags,
    That will not work. You are trying (doing that method) to put a DVD-9 onto a DVD-5. Just will not fit. You need to first decrypt, then compress, then burn.
    The only way this will work is if you have one of the new dual layer burners and the new dual layer blank media.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's still best to make a temp on your hard drive and doesn't hardly take any more time because your hard drive can keep your burner fed with data a lot faster than your ROM. Disc to disc is an open invitation for errors and bad burns.