1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc writing problems.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sas1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. sas1

sas1 Guest

Hello.
    Newbie here.
    I am using Nero6 and having problems Burning Dvds? I need to Copy 10 identical DVD-Rs, I have done all 10, 4 have been copyied ok and work fine, but the other six have been copyied and have the files on but won't play on my burner or home Dvd, I have checked the 6 disc and the files have been written? I have followed the the same procedure for all 10 disc, Why will only 4 play ok but not the other 6 not?

2. colw

colw Active member

What type/brand of DVD are you burning to? With low quality media results can be be problematic.

What process are u using to burn - if on the fly this again can be problematic.

3. sas1

sas1 Guest

Im using an Ext Samsung Writemaster with lightscibe, and Nero express 6 software, and Philips lightscibe x16 DVD-R Disc.

4. colw

colw Active member

Philips is not top quality media - try Verbatim or TY's.
    What speed are you burning at - often slower (4x to 8x)is more stable.
    Are you burning files from harddisk or on the fly

5. sas1

sas1 Guest

I am burning Video Files at Max i will reduce to x4 and try again.
    Are you saying there could be a number of problems at fualt here and not just one?
    What do you mean by Fly?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

On the fly means are you burning from one optical device such as a DVD ROM to another optical device such as yor DVDRW? If so then don't! Burn an image of the original disk to your hard drive and then record the rest from that image. This will work much better and cleaner and a good rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of your blank DVD media. So you have x16 speed media so you should be burning at the most x8 speed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  7. sas1

sas1 Guest

Thanks Colw & bbmayo
    i will try again and aply all.

p.s

Is Nero the best software for Copying?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your just going to copy another disk then I would say that ImageBurn will work better.