1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dish network.. dual receivers.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ezkim0x, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezkim0x

ezkim0x Regular member

My parents upgraded their dish network package and we got a new box.

they took mine out of my room and I have to use a RF remote now to connect to the box upstairs to change my tv.

I talked to them about adding a new box in mine downstairs but they said I wasn't eligible to downgrade and I'd have to buy their HD package and then pay another fee because I didn't even use the HD. and it ended up being like 30$ extra a month just for having a box in my room.

anyways.. I bitched at them for a while and they finally said that I could buy my own box online or at a flea market and just unplug the cable from the back of my tv and put it into the box.. and it'd work with the IR remote and everything.

(I have a harmony remote that I want to use with it.. and also I want to set back up windows media center)

do you know if this is true? and if so.. what box should I get?

the current one we have upstairs is 625 DVR ..but it's around 200-300$ on ebay.. and I really don't need a dual receiver since it's just going to be for my room.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.