1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network & DVD Recorder?!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by MacFly, Nov 19, 2004.

1. MacFly

MacFly Member

hi guys, new memeber here! great site with lots of info!

i have dish network currently. i was wondering if i could somehow hook up a DVD recorder to it to record ANY show/movie i view on dish network?

i'd like to be able to record shows, movies, laker games, etc on to a DVD; then view them in my truck's DVD player.

i'm new to all of this and was lucky enough to find this site. but if you guys help me out, i'd appreciate it!

lately, if you can give me an idea of a good DVD recorder......much appreciated1

2. bfallona

bfallona Guest

Yep I have the same setup and this is the way to go. I record it on my Dish receiver and then either record it to dvd or edit it with the pause on my remote on the dvd recorder to edit out the commercials. Great way to go. Just run the video out on the receiver to the recorder.

3. MacFly

MacFly Member

great! which dvd recorder do you have? i'm looking for one under $300.

thx again!

4. hammer931

hammer931 Member

Will the recorded dvd still be digital. Dish Network brodcasts in digital. Also do you have a hard drive on your recorder

5. bfallona

bfallona Guest

I think it is digital still as I can't see any difference as long as you use the 1 or 2 hr speed to record. I have a gateway A230 which I got a deal on. It's the same as the Liteon 5001 but with a fan. Now you can go to Walmart and get their ILO ( Liteon also) for $149 or go to Sam's and they have the Liteon 5005 for $179.

6. ohyardman

ohyardman Guest

bfallona said:

7. hammer931

hammer931 Member

does anyone know if there is a recorder out there that records in dolby digital 5.1. I have dish network and would like to burn to disk in 5.1

8. terkar

terkar Member

ohyardman: Sounds to me like you want to be able to watch a program on one channel while recording another channel. I too am new to this and trying to learn before I buy. I have DirecTV Satellite no Tivo. From all I have read there is no way we can record one and watch another but I could be wrong - hope I'm wrong.

Looking for input on this from you folks with experience.