1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network DVR Connections

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sakins, Sep 21, 2005.

1. sakins

sakins Guest

I have a Dish DVR with an apparent computer connection (look like parrallel) Can this be tied in to anything (external hard drive, computer, etc) or is it some type of propietery device? The DVR only has a 40G drive so I'm often deleting things I would like to keep but can't.

2. club42

club42 Regular member

Im trying the same thing. a dish teck in one of the pvr blogs told me that the port is for their use and wont work to hook up to your computer. He did say that you can take the hard drive out and put it in your computer and use a unix program to transfer files. I tried this and it didn't mess anything up but none of the unix programs I tried could transfer the files.

3. sakins

sakins Guest

OK, along the same lines, Does anyone know if a larger hard drive can be installed in a 'Dish Network' DVR? 40G just doesn't have enough space.

4. club42

club42 Regular member

Type dishrip in your browser and choose the yahoo sight. They have easy instructions on how to do this.