1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network - Win 10 Conversion

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Mike50, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Mike50

Mike50 Member

I'm new here, so if this is posted in the wrong place, please advise where it should be. I have Dish Network with an external hard drive attached. I'd like to save my external drive files to my computer but the Dish drive format isn't recognized by Win 10. Does anyone know of a way to convert the Dish format to standard Win format?

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

What is the format of the files?

3. Mike50

Mike50 Member

I don't know, the drive is unrecognized by the computer. If I could mount the drive I could get more info. There are movie files on the drive, is there any way to access them without Win 10 mounting the drive? Maybe some kind of disk explorer?

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Read this article and follow its instructions. It appears that the problem involves a power up code. To accomplish this you will need the Dish DVR to power up the drive. This might involve keeping the drive powered by the DVR while you swap cables from the DVR to your PC. The best bet is to read the how to. Copy and paste all the information that you will need to make this happen. Then print the information for access.

https://datarecovery.com/rd/how-to-unlock-dvr-hard-drives-for-normal-use-directv-dish-network/