1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disk error

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by N0_0ne, May 17, 2007.

1. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

I have my hdd partitioned to C and D drive, and I keep all my files on D yada yada, anyways my problems is that I have a music folder that previously had about 12gigs of music in it , it was a shared folder on my network, so today I double click the folder to find an album and I get this msg "The disk in drive D is not formatted , would you like to format now" as if I had recently formatted my drive which I havent. I have about 6 other folders in my D partition and I dont get that msg when opening them. What do I do? Have I lost all my files in that folder?

Please Help me

thanks

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If you format the drive yes you will loose the files maybe back up all the files onto somewhere else another drive or copy your files on CD or DVD's then format the disk so that it can be suitable with your current Operating System. Then after you do that copy them back.

3. rayxtreme

rayxtreme Member

Ohhh... that's not good.
    You need to recover your files with Free Program.

4. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

I know I will lose everything if I format the drive, I dont intend to do that, it's just Im getting the same msg as if I formatted the drive except its not the D drive giving me the message its a folder in the D drive. the rest of the folders on the same drive I can open without this message coming up. Does anyone know of a program that can help me recover my files.

5. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

hey Rayxtreme what exactly is "free program" I'd like to have a link to their site to read up on the app rather then a download link title "free program" sorry, just sounds like it could be a virus

6. rayxtreme

rayxtreme Member

It's not a virus, it's true a free program.
    I use it for one month and my computer keep clean.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Don't say this image stupid, it's a screenshot.

7. rayxtreme

rayxtreme Member

Yeah, you right It's free for 30 Day (Phoenix FAT).
    But CCleaner is free.

8. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

Cool, so are these programs you guys are talking about , are they registry cleaners or what? I did end up figuring out my problem I simply right clicked on my D drive, went to properties then to the tools tab, then I chose check now for disc errors, and after my next reboot all my files were back. But I am interested in these programs you guys are talking about, Are they strictly for retrieving files or registry cleaners?

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ccleaner cleans the crap out of your windows such as cookies, temp files & others. it also does registry issues.