1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk is Dirty or Damaged Error Message

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Sputnik57, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Sputnik57

Sputnik57 Member

I'm continually getting this message over and over now on a few of my games and I was just wondering if there was a way to fix this without me having to send my x-box away and paying out the yin-yang. Thanks alot.

2. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

The laser that reads the dvd's in your drive is going out. I suggest a Samsung drive for replacement. They read all media types and have faster load times!

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

are they the same games that give you the error over and over? If so it might not be a drive fault.

4. Sputnik57

Sputnik57 Member

I'm pretty sure my drive is done for, since it happens on almost all my games at one time or another, mainly during loading points. And I even tried to clean out the fan, clean the laser and realign the tray of the drive, none of which seemed to work to any sort of avail, so I'm going to have to buy a new drive I guess, anyone know where I can get them cheapest?

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Mr. Fixmyxbox, you should not promote your $49 DVD-Rom drive so much on your banner because that price is for a Thompson. Why would you want to promote that drive on an Xbox modding site where everyone here knows that the Thompson is a piece of sh@t. Promote the Samsung that you are selling for $95

6. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

hrdrk20, some people just care about the cost and nothing else. Thanks for checking out the site =) Need anything??

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005