1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disks no longer recognized prior to burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cobruh2k, Oct 18, 2004.

1. cobruh2k

cobruh2k Member

Ok, here';s my problem. I have been merrily shrinking and burning my DVDs using Shrink and Burnatonce with absolutely no problems (and completing both processes in less than 30 minutes!). All of a sudden one night, I start getting error messages from Burnatonce that say "wrong disk". I switched the disk for another one, got the same message. Tried another brand, get the same message. Downloaded the trial version of Nero, and got a similar message. Tried in on the program that came with my PC (neoDVD) and got a similar error message. So I can't figure out the problem; it's got to be the drive or the media.

In reading some related threads, I see that perhaps I should uninstall the drive and let XP reinstall it. Is that the solution? Also, what may have caused the problem? Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I presume you were using Burnatonce seperately from DVD Shrink? Before installing another burning rom application you should always uninstall the one you have to avoid conflict. Nero will work in conjunction with Shrink so that's the best one to have (the full version is best). I would suggest you uninstall all your burning rom software and DVD Shrink also and use a registry editor such as Registry Mechanic to scan your hard disc. Be careful not to uninstall anything unless you are sure what you are doing or else make a back-up when prompted by Registry Mechanic. After that re-install Nero and DVD Shrink and make sure the settings in Shrink are correct before backing up. Hopefully that will do the trick. Might also help to change the discs you are using.

3. cobruh2k

cobruh2k Member

Thanks, it worked! I'll think about buying Nero 6. Are you happy with it?

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Yes I always use Nero 6 now. Glad you got it fixed.