1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Dilemma

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maya613, Dec 12, 2003.

1. maya613

maya613 Member

I have been having quite a time trying to make a backup of Pirates. DVD Decryptor and DVD 2One just don't seem to cut it--which is strange because they were doing a fine job before and they were both soo user friendly. I got DVD shrink and DVD Clone and find them both indecipherable in comparison. I don't understand why DVD2One can't seem to compress the DVD down enough to fit on one DVD-R-it compreese it to 4.41 GB in variable ratio/full disk-what's different about this Disney product?

2. koola

koola Guest

4.41 GB is fine for a compressed DVD. Just burn it onto some quality DVD media and there will be no problems.

3. maya613

maya613 Member

Hello,
    Thanks for responding. That's the problem though--Nero and DVD Clone both said the the compressed file at 4.41 GB was too large to burn onto a 4.7 GB DVD-I used DVD Shrink and had it just compress the movie and got rid of some audio tracks it fit- I burned it onto rewritable just to check and it was fine. What was strange was, when I went to burn the same files on DVD+R it burned everything, including menus--so now I am really confused.
    Thanks.