1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pgreen50, Dec 3, 2002.

1. pgreen50

pgreen50 Guest

I make back up copies of many movies and they all play no probs. However when i do any disney or scooby doo they will not play on my player nor on some other players that will normally play my back ups. I am not doing anything different in the way that i rip the DVD's it just seems very strange as to why it only effects those titles. Has anyone any ideas as to why!!! Do i need to put any other files onto those specific DVD's for them to play. They also play great on my Pc's. Could this just be a case of my DVD player not being compatible for some DVD's

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

pgreen50,

No, Good Guy, it isn't you or anything you did -

Disney DVD's are a bear -
    I spent 3 full days working on Pirates of the Caribbean, The curse of the Black Pearl.

The only program that worked was DVDXCOPY Xpress. Even they have a forum to discuss Disney movies; there are some they can't even copy!

I could rip the movie but when you try to strip it the files are so interwoven that it's like quicksand.

My advice, if you can't get it on the first try - use XCOPY Xpress.

No answers but now you know you're not alone -
    "P"

3. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

I find this strange. I have no problems backing up my kids Scooby Doo collection or their Disney movies. The backups get alot of play. If my three year old had his choice he would watch Scooby all day. No hitches here. Maybe with some more details we could assist in resolving your problem.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Disney animated seem to be a problem if you try to do full disc backup. If you strip it down to movie only, it works ok. I noticed years ago doing VHS copies of Disney movies that their macrovision was always harder to get rid of than other movies. They may be tweeking the encryption slightly on the DVD's too. Just a guess. Jerry

5. wardair

wardair Member

i had no problems with pirates or any other disney so far i use dvd shrink and nero 6
    i have the pioneer a06

good luck

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

wardair,
    you're using the same programs I was using but in at least 6 different scenes a section of the movie is embedded in a different chapter so when you cut out some of the warnings you cut the scene too.

Ex. #1 The presentation of the sword to the Governor, the "twirling" of the sward is lost

Ex. #2 Sword fight between blacksmith and Capt. Jack, again cut -
    and so on.

"P"

7. wardair

wardair Member

cant help you sorry

all those scenes are in mine

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

wardair,

Wasn't looking for help, just letting you know that I think Disney is a Bear -

For the most part, DVD X COPY Xpress gets the job done. I did do the "Pirates in a Mini-DVD format for the kids to trash, they didn't know the chunks of the scenes were missing – ain’t the young kids fun ta play with ?
    Too bad they grow up -

Happy Holidays,
    "P"

9. wardair

wardair Member

sorry pete didnt mean to step on your toes you know more than me i just been at it for a couple of weeks.........maybe its beginners luck i havent had any problems with disney yet(knock on wood)

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

wardair,

You're not stepping on my toes, I never thought you were. I'm continuing to learn from even those who are starting out -

If you looked at my post I said, "I think Disney is a Bear".

It was only my experience with that gave me that opinion. Perhaps tomorrow (If I'm "Lucky") I'll be able to breeze through them without a hitch - One can only hope, Huh ?

Have a great Holiday,
    "P"