1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Problems with Mits RP TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by KDinKC, Jan 8, 2005.

1. KDinKC

KDinKC Member

I'm brand new to the forum, but this seems to be the place to get answers. I have a 55-inch Mitsubishi HD 1080 series RP TV I bought 4 years ago. The TV frequently pops in and out with an unclear convex image at the top and bottom of the screen. Sometimes it "pops" back into proper alignment, but most of the time it just looks bad. Also, it occaisonally does what I call "spaghetti explosion" (squiggly lines all of the screen for 3 or 4 seconds). Does anyone know what could be causing these problems, and how much it would be to have a serviceman fix it? Thanks much!

2. Ysane

Ysane Member

KDinKC, I'm having the same problem with mine. I've searched the net for almost six months trying to find an answer to it and found nothing.

So I did the unspeakable, I broke down and scheduled a repair person to come out and check it out.

I'll let you know what they find out, hopefully it's not anything $$$$.

Won't know anything until the 29th of January though, but will be back in touch then.

Until then!

3. KDinKC

KDinKC Member

Thanks ysane. I look forward to your post after January 29th. I didn't have the guts to schedule a repairman yet. I was told by the receptionist at the repair shop that very few problems can be solved within the home, and the average cost is $400. Ouch! I moved the t.v. across the country via a moving line about 2 years ago, and started having problems about 6 months after the move.

4. Ysane

Ysane Member

Ok, got my television fixed.

Cost was $210.21. They had to soder(sp?) some leads to fix the problem.

I used Sears/Service Master to do it. (800)950-8835

So thankfully it wasn't a lot of money out, and it's working fine now.

Good luck!