1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displaying pc on WS TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by laudern, Apr 9, 2005.

1. laudern

laudern Member

Ok what i want to do is. Is put my pc onto my normal widescreen CRT tv. But the problem is, is that even though i change the resolution to 1280x758 while TV out is going, the tv still doesnt show that the resolution has change and still shows the image in 4:3 ratio. I dont want to stretch the image, cause im going to be watching WS videos

2. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

what kind of operating system are you using and what kind of graphics card are you using.

3. laudern

laudern Member

Im using winxp pro, with a radeon 7000, or maybe its a 700. Cant remember. Its not a very powerful card, but all im trying to do is tv out! oh yeah its got s-video out

4. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

im using xp pro and nividia g force fx 5200 which has s-video out. im not 100% positive but i think in xp pro in the display settings is where i got it to change to wide screen. i watch alot of movies on my computer too. i cant remeber what my graphics is running resalution wise but if this doesn't help pm me and ill check and let you know. good luck!