1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displaying photos on the M3

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MrFatcat, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MrFatcat

MrFatcat Guest

First, thanks for the guides and all the support in this forum. It really helped me get my M3 set up correct since the original instructions were hard to understand. I downloaded the 1.03 files and it is working well.

My current issue is displaying photos. Do I need to convert them to the DS screen size for them to display correctly? I was hoping it would just resize the photos automatically (although I realize the larger photos will take up more precious memory space).

Also, when I go into Multimedia, it throws all these messages on the screen and then displays the multimedia directory that I can browse (I think it even played my only music file automatically). Is this normal?

Thanks again!

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Moonshell (Multimedia) automatically displays te image in full size, if memory serves me right I thn you can zoom out using the 'Y' button, though it reloads the picture everytime you do that, so it can take a while to ft larger pictures in the screen. You might be able to change it's default picture size in it's global.ini file, but i havn't checked.

When you you load Moonshell it plays a startup.mp3 fle found in the /shell/ or /moonshl/ directory

3. MrFatcat

MrFatcat Guest

That was fast, thanks! Since memory will eventually become an issue, shrinking the photos down to the desired DS size will make the most sense. I use a couple programs to convert photo sizes in batch mode (Debabelizer Pro for example), but I'm curious as to what other people use for photo batch processing.

While I'm here, can anyone compare DS Extreme vs the M3 DS Simply? (ease of use wise, features, etc.) I'll read the web page more, but if someone has actual experience with the other product I'd enjoy hearing about it. Here's the description on the DS Extreme page:

"Boasting 2GB (2048 MEGABYTES) of on-board memory, the new video game enhancer from DS-X allows DS and DS Lite owners to push the limits of Nintendo’s top selling handheld console. Gamers can launch free homebrew games written for the DS by some incredibly talented independent developers, listen to their favourite audio tracks, view pictures and even watch quality video files on the popular handheld. Moreover, the DS-Xtreme hands-down offers the best value for money ratio on the market, its massive 2GB of storage space is 18 TIMES larger than that offered by wishful competitors. "

Greg

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

The quote you posted tells me one major difference: M3 DS Simply: (microsd) any size you want up to 4 gb, and since microsd is tiny you could carry multiple cards, therefore theoretically being far beyond DS-Xtreme in capacity. Most of what I know though is about m3, not about any others, and I'm still learning. Read into some reviews of various cards here: http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/ but I don't know if they talk about ds-xtreme or not.