1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distorted Land

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 2JmJ, May 24, 2007.

1. 2JmJ

2JmJ Member

Hi,
    Recently installed Oblivion and having trouble with the distant rendering land thing.
    My specifications are:
    3.0 Ghz Pentium D (overclocked at 3.5)
    2gb Ram
    7950 GTOC 512mb

i've had these tested on the systems requirement lab to run with this game and it came full in everything so i'm a bit confused why the land is not being correct.

The problem is that when i click the option for "distant rendering" the land (the floor) starts to lose it's colour and becomes a lot more basic and distorted. When the distant rendering is turned off the ground looks like it shuld do.
    I wondered if anyone could post any advice?

Here's a printscreen:-
    [​IMG]
    thanks

2. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Whoa, props to one of the weirdest screen shots I've seen lately!

I don't really have any advice, heh. The purple, though, looks a lot like when there is a missing texture is Half Life 2, (usually because of memory.) Maybe try closing apps and then turning stuff down to see how it runs? Turn off AA or something. idk.

--Moomoo2

3. 2JmJ

2JmJ Member

yeah it works when i get rid of distant rendering but the game needs it i feel :p

4. 2JmJ

2JmJ Member

oo no worries, i worked it out. My gfx card struggled with my dual core processor, i installed some drivers from the windows site and all is well. Incidentally i noticed the colours on the ground were the same as the roofs of houses in the villages.
    thanks