1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

distortion on onkyo tx-sr608 from dj mixer

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by mrslicker, Dec 4, 2010.

1. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

hi there, i recently hooked up a dj mixer (using rca outputs) to a home theater receiver hoping to be able to monitor my tunes while mixing. i had a yamaha that worked fine, but this new one doesn't seem to want to hang. it has loud-ish pops and audible distortion when playing a segment that has a bit of volume. ive tried adjusting the bass/treble on the receiver, the output master level on the mixer (works ok), the link out gain on mixer, and also the input for the turntables themselves on the mixer. but the problem remains. id like to able to have the master level all the way up going to the receiver, like it was on the other. any ideas? i will provide more info if anyone needs it. thanks.

edit: i guess it's possible that the output voltage is just too high for this particular receiver.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. JVC

JVC Active member

I know nothing about a dj mixer, but if it is a self powered piece, it would need to plug into a receiver's pre-outs, which the 608 doesn't have. The only pre-out on it is for the sub. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Send Onkyo an email...........

3. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

h
    hey thanks for the response. actually i was attempting to connect the mixers outs to the rca ins, so i could monitor through the home speakers. i got in contact with the manufacturer and they said it sounds like a defective unit. back it goes!