1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distortion on overscan area (left side) using AG-1980 VCR

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by CCEncoder, Apr 12, 2007.

1. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

This is very odd:
    http://imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=14411xOyeV&i=121856
    It seems by seeing the picture that I'm gaining the portion of the picture that usually hides on the left side but on the other hand loosing the equivalent on the right... so instead of getting a bit from left and right I'm getting full left and none right margin video information; which in this case I will much prefer the first option. This phenomenon doesn't always happen as you can see on this second picture from the same frame and same equipment:
    http://imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=14411xOyeV&i=121860

I need the solution now.
    ¿Will this happen at random?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

If/when converted to DVD is it still visible on the TV screen?

3. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

no is not visible on the TV but the information on the right margin will be lost so I need to make my VCR always display the tape in the same manner, I believe it only happens with this tape.

4. attar

attar Senior member

So, it's only one tape?
    I assume that playing the tape to the TV does not show any problems, only the captured video.
    You tried the old trick of fast forwarding the tape all the way, then rewinding it in the VCR to retension?

5. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

That could solve it but is there a one answer to the problem or is it all theorically?

6. Nero63

Nero63 Guest

hasn't been mentioned, so I'll ask. Is this a "home movie" or a purchased, rcc protected one?