1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divert setop radio cable to Microsound system

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by tins42, Jul 15, 2009.

1. tins42

tins42 Member

15. July 2009 @ 20:33
    Hi and Help, I am supplied digital TV/Radio by Chorus cable(Ireland).To listen to radio I must leave TV on (not eco or cash friendly!!).Is the gear available and how can I connect setop box (Scart & Coax) output to my Microsound system ( & plays DVDs !!)which only has the red & white input sockets, and to allow me to turn off TV. With the setop box set on radio I could change stations with the setop remote and adjust volume on Micro. This would allow this grandad to get through insomniac nights with BBC,3,4,5,6,7 or Classic and is a must as our over the air reception is c##p. Help (in plain not too tech language) the old guy PLEASE. Regards to all. tins42

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you should be able to get a RCA stereo cable (two RCA male plugs...usually red and white to two RCA make plugs...usually red and white.) connect one end to the audio output on you cable box and the other end to your audio input on your stereo system. once you have selected the audio station you wish to listen to, you can turn off your TV and the audio will play from your cable box directly to your stereo.

It was a little hard to understand your post, so if that was not what you were trying to do then please try and explain a little more clearly.