1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVX 4.01

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by drdoe, Nov 16, 2001.

1. drdoe

drdoe Guest

I am trying to view a movie with Win Me's Media Player and it requires 4.01. I went to d/l it and 4.11 is the recommended d/l. Will this view my 4.01 movie? Also, after I d/l it, how do I install it on Window's Media Player. As you can see I am a novice at installing Codecs. I have looked around for installation instructions, but they are very vague. Perhaps, you could direct me to a site that tells specifically how to install the codec? thanks.

Loki

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Umh, 4.11 is downwards compatible and can play all previous versions, including DivX 3.xx videos -- you should always use the latest version, because they normally fix bugs and increase performance. Installation is basically simple, you just doubleclick the .exe you downloaded and the installation is finished once the setup script is run.

3. hockley

hockley Member

I downloaded the newer verison of codec 4.11 but each time i try to load it, i get an error message.... "Installer CRC invalid"

what am i doing wrong??

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004